Sunday, July 22, 2012

Feisty on a Sunday

So this morning, I spent about 30-45 minutes picking up trash from around our neighborhood.  Beyond the general littering, our neighborhood, which includes a wonderful marsh full of wildlife, is plagued by construction debris.  I'd had it.  There were water bottles rolling around, cans smashed in the road, nails in the road, etc.  So, I decided to take action, and I've written a letter to Home Creations, the company that is building the houses.  I urge you to do the same:  identify a need that is in front of your face, and do something about it.  Whether it is picking up the trash or feeding some stray kittens (we're also doing this) or whatever you see.  Take action and then try to hold the person who or company that caused the situation responsible for the need created.

Here's my letter to Home Creations:



In addition, as promised, I've written my US Representative James Lankford about the waste at the House of Rep over trying to repeal the ACA for the 33rd time!  I cannot believe that Republicans can say with a straight face that they are for small government and for fiscal responsibility while they spin their wheels to the tune of $48M * 33 times to issue symbolic votes.  It is disgusting.  Once or twice, okay, but thirty-three times and especially with that cost and at a time when so Americans need real leadership . . .  it's a travesty.

Here's my letter to my representative, and I urge you to write yours:


p.s.  notice that I didn't point out that I'm a liberal . . .  I'm sure his interns will figure that out soon enough.  (Hello little interns!)

No comments:

Post a Comment