Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I've been on vacation

Well, sorry for the silence . . . I've been grading appellate briefs, judging moot court competitions, and traveling.  My first year as a legal writing professor is quickly coming to an end.  In fact, I pretty much only have to convert my 0-100 scaled grades to a 12.0 scale and submit them, and then I'm done.  It's been a doozy of year, and I have learned so much.  I've been receiving numerous emails from students and reports from other professors and from my students themselves about how much they learned in my class and how much they enjoyed it, despite it being one of the toughest classes they have ever taken.  They know they've learned a lot, and they are now appreciating it.  Wonderful!

Due to the fact that I've not been rehired, I am now looking at some time to rest and cater to my own whims and the whims of my family.  These whims include painting, walking with dogs, and cooking good food for my husband.  Speaking of food for my husband, he has recently been on his own while I was in Asia.  I spent a little over two weeks in Taiwan and Japan.  Here are a couple of pictures of me there.  I'll be posting more about it later.  Enjoy!

This is me at the Meiji Shrine in Tokyo.

This is my sister-in-law (Sunny) and me on the bus from Taoyuan to Taipei. 

This is my sister-in-law and me outside the National Diet Building (the Japanese legislature) in Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment