Sunday, March 25, 2012

Raise an Al to the paca

Those who know me well enough so that I share my crazy outlandish schemes and dreams with them know that I yearn to have a couple of alpacas.  In fact, I've yearned for this ever since 2007, when I was first introduced to the idea of raising alpacas on farms in the US and experienced the cozy goodness of alpaca fleece.  Obviously, after my trip to Peru this summer, my love of alpacas was heightened.  When I came to OKC, I immediately went to the state fair, and while there, I signed myself up for an alpaca farm listserve.  Well, low and behold, I just found this Mo Rocca piece on CBS Sunday Morning's website where he interviewed an alpaca farm owner.  Check it out:  http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7403164n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

In addition, here are some pics of me with the Peruvian alpacas:



And for those who don't know the difference between alpacas and llamas, here are some Peruvian llamas:




I personally think the llama with the tri-colored face is the most beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment