Friday, August 3, 2012

Burglarized Again -- sigh

As some of you know, we were burglarized at 2 AM on Monday, July 30, 2012.  The burglar gained access to our house through the gap we had underneath our garage door.  Because it has been about 105-115 degrees in OKC recently, we've been gapping our garage door to help with the heat.  Unfortunately, someone took advantage of this.  The person walked through our laundry room, into our kitchen, and then exited through the back door in the dining room.  One of our labs, Henry, sounded the alarm, which woke everyone up.  Three cheers for Henry!!!  We were not harmed, and we only lost my purse (without my wallet in it) and my iPhone.  It could have been substantially worse. 

In case you are wondering, if you iPhone is stolen you will need to have installed some sort of "Find my Phone" app on it to have any chance of finding it.  You'll also need to turn in the phone's serial number to the police, so they can put it into a national database.  While I'm not a big fan of having tracking programs on my phone, it would have been nice to have that possibility now, and I recommend doing it.

Stay safe ~

No comments:

Post a Comment