Friday, June 29, 2012

Confession through a friend

This is a blog started by my friend Zakiya, who just graduated from business school and will soon be moving from Oregon to Atlanta for her new job.  I'm so proud of her and all she's accomplished.  Her first entry is about contemplating suicide and coming through that pain.  She talks about her struggles after her dad died.  The death of our parents is strangely what connected us after having known each other for many years.  As someone who frequently contemplated committing suicide or hurting myself, especially in high school and after my mom's death, and now being someone who recognizes my need for medication to stay safe, I encourage you to read what she's written and consider whether there is anyone who you think might need some help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment