Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Two bits of news

It's been a quiet week or so . . . I spent a lot of time with my students preparing them for submitting their rough drafts for their trial briefs and preparing the client counseling teams for competition.  I received the trial brief drafts yesterday, and I have begun reviewing them.  Two down, thirty-six to go!  Anyway, I have two bits of exciting news.

(1) Scalia and Garner are coming out with an additional volume to their Making Your Case from what the Thompson/West Rep said yesterday.  I'm beyond excited, and I put in a request for a copy of it.  The book was due out last month, so it should be coming along soon.

(2) One pair of my really talented students announced that they had changed their minds and are going to try to win the Moot Court competition in a couple of months.  They had previously thought they were going to let it slide and focus more on their doctrinal classes, but they have decided otherwise.  I'm very excited to hear this because I think they will really enjoy themselves.


In addition, let me throw out that if anyone has any public service jobs available on the East Coast or on the West Coast or any international law research opportunities, please let me know --- I have students interested in those positions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment