Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Three Cheers for Lexis Advance

I received access to Lexis Advance last week, and I have to say that I'm REALLY impressed with it.  Yes, there are a few bugs and things that it doesn't do yet (as our OU head librarian figured out), but it is really easy to use and very helpful.  I especially love the Shepard's timeline for cases, which helps tremendously for complicated cases (READ:  TENNCARE CASES).  Lexis Advance also has the folder, highlight, and note functions I (and probably many others) have been requesting for a long time.

I have yet to try Westlaw Next, but I've heard that it is also pretty good.  As a bit of a grumble, I've been locked out of my TWEN website all morning because of server issues on Westlaw's end.  I was ready to post several documents for my class, but I'll have to wait and do it later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment