Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We've been taking care of business . . .

It has been a long time since we last posted. Essentially, life got hectic. I finished my book on TennCare while also traveling around the country interviewing with universities as they offered my fiance positions. At the same time, I was planning my wedding (I got married on May 28th!) to my wonderfully intelligent, caring, spiritual, and handsome husband. We took Ella to the beach, and the newest picture is her with sand on her nose from the beach.

When I get some time later today, I will be posting on several of the newest issues in my mind (of course, I'll be citing The New Yorker, the periodical that captivates me, along with other references). Until I get to those, enjoy another picture of ella the dog . . .

This is Ella on the boardwalk at the beach in Alabama. We took a week's trip down there before my husband had to return to Philadelphia. Poor Ella was sick almost the entire trip, but she did have a good couple of days playing in the waves.


This is Ella with a dead squirrel she found in the road and brought home for me to bury. She was exceptionally proud of her find, and I had to tell her that squirrels do not come in the house. This squirrel is buried out back by the raspberry bush. I have two more she brought home that are buried in shallow graves in the front flower bed under the honeysuckle. We prayed for all three squirrel souls and blessed them.



No comments:

Post a Comment